Veruschka von Lehndorff, commonly known as Veruschka, is a German model and actress. She was born on May 14, 1939, in East Prussia, Germany (now Poland). Veruschka is considered to be one of the world's first supermodels, and she is known for her height (6' 1"), striking looks, and unique style. She became popular in the 1960s and 1970s, and was a muse for many photographers and fashion designers. Veruschka also had a successful acting career, with roles in films such as "Blow-Up" (1966) and "Salome" (1972). She retired from modeling in the mid-1970s and now lives in Germany.
Veruschka: From Vera to Veruschka
Gia Carangi was an American fashion model in the late 1970s and early 1980s. She became one of the first supermodels, recognized for her androgynous look and unconventional beauty. Gia worked with many famous photographers and designers and was known for her charisma and energy in front of the camera. However, she struggled with addiction and personal issues, which led to a decline in her career and ultimately her death from AIDS-related complications at the age of 26. Her life and career have been the subject of several books, documentaries, and a biopic.
The 1998 movie "Gia" is a biographical film based on the life of Gia Carangi, a famous American fashion model from the late 1970s and early 1980s. The movie stars Angelina Jolie as Gia and chronicles her rise to fame in the fashion industry, as well as her struggles with drug addiction and personal relationships. The movie was well-received by critics and earned Jolie a Golden Globe award for Best Actress. It helped to bring greater awareness to the life and legacy of Gia Carangi, who is often considered to be one of the first supermodels in history.Twiggy
Twiggy, whose real name is Lesley Lawson, is an English model, actress, and singer who rose to fame in the 1960s. She was known for her androgynous appearance, short hair, and long eyelashes, and became a prominent figure in the fashion industry during the mod and youth fashion movements. Twiggy's modeling career included work for major fashion designers, as well as magazine covers and advertising campaigns. She also ventured into acting, with roles in films such as "The Boy Friend" and "The Blues Brothers", and had a successful music career, releasing several albums throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Twiggy has been honored with numerous awards for her contributions to fashion and entertainment, and remains an iconic figure in pop culture.
List of famous models in the 80-90s.
- Cindy Crawford
- Naomi Campbell
- Christy Turlington
- Linda Evangelista
- Claudia Schiffer
- Elle Macpherson
- Tatjana Patitz
- Kate Moss
- Helena Christensen
- Yasmeen Ghauri
- Stephanie Seymour
- Eva Herzigova
- Cindy Crawford
- Karen Mulder
- Amber Valletta
- "Alek: From Sudanese Refugee to International Supermodel" by Alek Wek
- "I Am a Pole (And So Can You!)" by Stephen Colbert (satirical biography of a fictional fashion model)
- "Model Woman: Eileen Ford and the Business of Beauty" by Robert Lacey
- "The Beauty of Living Twice" by Sharon Stone (memoir, including her experiences in the fashion industry)
- "Walk This Way: The Autobiography of Aerosmith" by Aerosmith (includes autobiography of fashion model and band member, Bebe Buell)
- "Raising Eyebrows: A Failed Entrepreneur Finally Gets It Right" by Dal LaMagna (memoir, including his career as a fashion model)
- "Just a Girl: Standing in Front of a Boy" by Lucy-Anne Holmes (memoir, including her experiences as a fashion model)
- "Naked" by David Sedaris (memoir, including his brief career as a fashion model)
- "Grace: A Memoir" by Grace Coddington.
- The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women by Gross, Michael (2011) Paperback